Monday, January 27, 2020

How To Contact YOUR Senators and other Representatives: VOICE YOUR OPINION

Too much is going on to stay silent, whether it's a native issue of tribal disenrollment, or violations of civil and human rights at our borders. GET INVOLVED.
Our elected representatives in Sacramento and in Washington D.C. need to be made aware of this situation. Letters, phone calls and faxes are the most effective - emails just get lost

The point is that they are elected to address our concerns, if they hear from enough people, they will become aware. We are the voters - we have the power
Yes this may cost a few stamps and long distance phone calls
Another option is to find and join one of your local Democratic clubs and put the issue to them, and ask if they will take action.
Find some here:


Our California U.S. Senators are Kamala Harris and Diane Feinstein --
Contact their field offices, (not the D.C. Offices)
Ask for hearings and investigations into the civil rights abuses and enforcement
of the Native American Civil Rights Act
Senator Kamala Harris
Los Angeles Office
11845 West Olympic Boulevard, Suite 1250W
Los Angeles, CA 90064 Phone (310) 231 - 4494
Fax (202) 224 - 0357

Senator Diane Feinstein
San Diego local office
750 B Street, Suite 1030
San Diego, CA 92101
Phone: (619) 231-9712
Fax: (619) 231-1108

FInd your U.S. Congressmen in Washington DC, and your State legislators
in Sacto here:  type in your zip code -- 
then click on 'contact' when the reps name comes up it will give you mailing 
addresses and phone numbers for congressmen - contact the local field office - 
it takes ages for anything to be read as far as mail in DC phone calls to DC 
would be okay - but letters take too much time.
For the state representatives, contact the local field offices and their Sacto offices

I would also suggest contacting state attorney general Xavier Becerra's Sacramento

Attorney General's Office
California Department of Justice
Attn: Public Inquiry UnitP.O. Box 944255 Sacramento, CA 94244
(916) 322-3360 or
(Toll-free in CA)
(800) 952-5225


Anonymous said...

Will it really do any good to contact these money grabbers about the corruption in Indian country?
They seem to take the hands off approach when it comes to Native American issues.
Is it because of all the money that gets donated to them.
If so they should realize that that money actually belongs to the Native American people that are being hurt by the corruption of the leaders of the Tribes and does not belong to the leaders at all.
It sounds like a catch 22.
Make motions at the meetings to control the funds being made to these asses and then you will see a turnaround in their decision making.

Anonymous said...

If you don't send a letter or sign a petition to let your government officials know then you make it easy for them to say I didn't know this was happening.

Anonymous said...

Wasn't Karmala Harris the head of the D.O.J. at one point where she sat on her fat ass and did nothing about the complaints that were filed in her office regarding the corruption in Pala and Pechanga.

Anonymous said...

Also, contact disenrolling tribal councils.
I hear people say it won't do anything, but I send letters letting them know as a Native american they should be ashamed of their actions..
I will continue to send letters to as many disenrolling tribes as I have to.