|Felon Ray Basquez, Jr|
Pechanga isn't the only tribe who disenrolled their own, Chukchansi, Pala, Redding are just a few to face the uncertain future of no income. And tribal gaming generates over $3 billion per month, it's affecting tribal nations across the country.
The 11,000 of us, who've been disenrolled have faced this issue, the loss of per capita, in the last 20 years. Pechanga also cut our health care benefits, something the remaining members aren't facing. *yet*. Since they don't keep a close eye on the financials, and what tribal leaders spend. There may not be funds available like they are expecting.
In fact, from our friends at PALA WATCH, this comment came up about the tribe's method of paying per capita: The per cap we get paid for March is from revenues earned in December. We are always three months behind on per cap. This was said at several meetings by both Robert Smith and Theresa Nieto. If they don't have the money then where did it go? Also, if there is no money for per cap then all services must shut down. You can't have money for one part of the distribution plan and no money for the other parts.
Some advice from disenrolled:
1. Use your savings (Hey, Pechanga stole a billion from us, No rainy day fund?)
2. GET A JOB. That's what that yahoo felon Ray Jr. told our elders
3. Get free food from the casino (oh, Pechanga members did that already)
4. Have a yard sale to raise money.
5. Sell your new trucks to cut debt
6. Don't pay your mortgage until you have to give up your home
Tribal citizens should now look at what their black hearted action of supporting the disenrollment of their friends and family did. They should do the right thing, and demand that justice is done and bring the people HOME.