It was reported this week that California's Governor Jerry Brown (D) signed a new compact with the Pechanga Band of Luiseno Indians.
Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. today announced that he has signed tribal-state gaming compacts between the State of California and the Pechanga Band of Luiseño Indians and 3 other tribes....
Amazing how Democrats pay lip service to civil and human rights abuse, but when confronted with it, they simply do not care.
The Temecula reservation and allotments were set aside for the Temecula Band and village of Indians not just Pechanga, the self described subset, which now includes people with NO Temecula Indian blood, much like the Boers of South Africa.
Pechanga now has a group living on the reservation that have:
• Lost the right to vote
• Lost their rights to healthcare provided by the government.
• Their children can no longer attend tribal schools
• They can no longer be buried in the reservation cemetery with their relatives.
• Have no access to tribal health center
• Are not protected by the Tribal Rangers.
Additionally, those who have had their citizenship stripped, but have lived their entire lives on the reservation, must come through a separate entrance, are not allowed to use the park, playground, water fountain and toilets without a member present, subject to banishment from their homes.